times are a changin'

You can always tell when there is a little jockeying going on between dogs. It may seem subtle at first, but last night and again today, it was beyond noticeable.

Here's the deal. Sweets will guard items from dogs- she'll growl and stiffen which is usually effective in getting dogs to back off and that's that. That has almost always worked with her little brother Tater.

However, last night, Tater brazenly walked within striking distance of his bitchy, bone chewing sister. I was sitting between the dogs on the couch when Tater stepped over my lap and began to sniff her face/bone. I noticed his ballsy attempt to, push the envelope so to say. I asked him to "off", be backed away and that was that.

Today, the rawhides are distributed. Tater not only is eying up his sister's rawhide in addition to his. I also watched him chew near his sister and growl/warn when she looked at him. Quite a role reversal, as Tater is usually deferring. For the time being I'm playing the role of regulator and manager...Stay tuned.

No comments: