coolest FedEx guy...ever

Tires crunch the gravel and the dogs are going ape to alert me to the inevitable- "mom, there's someone in the driveway".
Yep, I see those old purple and green letters on the side of the truck. "Wait", I tell them as I slip out the door to prevent the knocking, door bell ringing and what have you mayhem.

"How many are in there?" the driver asks.
"Just two, why does it sound like more?"
"Let 'em out", he says...

My ears do a double take...um, sure!

Sweets and Tater stroll out the front door.

"One for you and one for you". He hands them two gigantic bisuits, which, Sweets in her picky taste, happily put in her mouth.

"They're probably going to jump in the truck", I said as the rock and roll kept blaring out of the open door.

"That's happened before. I have lots of dogs that will jump on my truck before I can even get the package to the door."

"Because you've given them treats before?"

"Yep!"

Now that's the power of positive reinforcement.

They both headed back towards the door, so I opened it, and they ran to the rug to devour their treat from the happy stranger.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

my darlin' that's country living :)