road trip


Sweets and I will be heading west to my hometown, Washington, PA to make agility equipment with Pappa Morgan, (my dad). We'll get in out sniffs on local trails while where there, and perhaps even chase a duck or two at the local dam. Who am I kidding? She'll redecorate the clean sheets with dog fur and get fed pepperoni on the sly from Grandma and Grandpa (after her trail runs, of course).

Making anything with my dad is always fun...and abusive. My dad is a master carpenter that does not use positive, reward based training when working with his daughter. We've collaborated on two house rennovations, but never agility equipment. This is usually how it goes...

Dad, "You cut it"
Leigh, "Okay"
Dad, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING? YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG. You've GOT to do it like this, here gimme that..."

We yell, we laugh, we make stuff. That's always how it's been. He asks me to do something, I start doing it my way and get corrected. Not the most effective training technique, (just ask my 2 year old nephew). But it really is in good fun.

Tuesday we're off to National Geographic to have Sweets perform for the cameras for the first time. Wish us luck and let's hope that lamb lung treats do the trick on set.

No comments: